1. Go to your Android Settings
2. Choose “Security & Location”
3. Make sure all of your location options are turned on
4. Check the App-level permissions and make sure they are on for the apps
5. Open the Fitdigits app and tap Menu > Settings > My Sensors and Turn Location on.
6. If you are having trouble acquiring GPS, you might try adjusting the Accuracy Filter to Weak, which will allow the app to read weaker and less accurate readings in satellites and remote areas.
7. Start your Fitdigits workout!
Note not all Androids are exactly alike – the screens and areas above may vary. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Support.
Please also check that your location settings are set to High accuracy. Settings > Additional Settings > Privacy > Location > Set to High Accuracy.
Within the app itself, you can allow the app to use less accurate readings by changing the location services setting to Weak. You may find the distance/pace isn’t as accurate but for areas where signal strength is low it can help.
Please Disable any Power Saving Mode, Battery Management apps or other 3rd party power/battery managers:
Especially for Samsung users, but also other devices as well. Please check that Samsung Power Savings Mode or other Power saving modes are turned off when exercising and tracking activities if you intend to track while the app is backgrounded. Typically if they are on, they will disable any GPS tracking after a short period if the app is backgrounded.
Samsung: Battery settings > App power saving > Details > iCardio/iRunner etc > Disabled
LG — Settings > Battery & Power saving > Battery usage > Ignore optimizations > turn ON for iCardio/iRunner etc.
Motorola — Battery > Menu (upper right corner) > Battery optimization > Not optimized > All apps > select iCardio/iRunner etc > Don’t optimize.
HTC — Phone settings > Battery > Power Saving Mode > Battery Optimization > select iCardio/iRunner etc > Don’t optimize > Save.
Huawei — Turn Energy Settings to Normal and add iCardio/iRunner etc to “Protected Apps”
Sony Battery > Menu (upper right corner) > Battery optimization > Apps > iCardio/iRunner etc.