Battery Replacement for your Polar H7 Heart Rate Monitor
Polar H7 heart rate monitors are awesome. They run on bluetooth low energy, which for me is great because the fewer devices tracking my workout, the better! However, if you find it’s time to change the battery (you experience erratic heart rate data or drop outs or no data at all), here are your step-by-step instructions. Users rejoice–your inner handy-person awaits!
Directions to change battery:
1. Using a coin, open the battery cover by turning it counterclockwise to OPEN. Remove the cap.
2. Using a sharp edge (knife), lift the battery out from inside the cap. See Photo 2.
3. Insert the battery (CR 2025) inside the cover with the positive side against the cover. Note: the positive side is also the side with the writing; insert the battery with writing side down. Make sure the sealing ring is in the groove to ensure water resistance. See Photo 1.
4. Place the cover back into the connector. Be sure to do this carefully by lining the arrow on the outside of the lid directly with the dot on the connector next to OPEN.
5. Use the coin to turn the cover clockwise to CLOSE.
Note: When changing the battery, make sure the sealing ring is not damaged, in which case you should replace it with a new one. You can purchase the sealing ring/battery kits at well-equipped Polar retailers and authorized Polar Services.
For more information about using the Polar H7, read the manual.