Pairing your Bluetooth Low Energy Heart Rate Monitor in iOS
Fitdigits is compatible with the Polar H7 and a bevy of other BLE sensors, including the Zephyr HXM and Wahoo Blue HRM. You must have upgraded your app in order to use heart rate training and tracking features. Follow these steps to pair:
- Place the heart rate monitor around your chest. For chest straps, be sure to lightly wet the electrodes. This allows the sensors to have an easier time reading your pulse.
- Open your Fitdigits app on your iOS device. Tap the menu icon on the home screen then tap Sensors.
- Swipe the slider to ON position (Photo 1).
- A screen should appear saying “Connecting to sensor via Bluetooth Low Energy” (Photo 2).
- Once it has connected with the heart rate monitor you are ready to workout with your Bluetooth Heart rate monitor!
- NOTE: If you ever need to reset the pairing, or see more information about the HRM that is paired, tap the name of the HRM that will show up below the Bluetooth Smart option in HEART RATE MONITORS.
See the video below the screen shots to see it in action.
Short Troubleshooting- Try these initial steps if you are experiencing difficulties pairing:
- Wet the Electrodes: Wet the electrodes with water or saliva on the heart rate monitor to increase connectivity.
- Reset Bluetooth: Go to the iPhone Settings and turn off Bluetooth. Then turn it back on.
- Manually Close Your App: Exit the app and then double tap the iPhone home button. Look for the multitasking window to appear at the bottom of your screen. Tap and hold the Fitdigits icon to make a little red circle (minus sign) appear on all the apps. Then tap the little red circle for Fitdigits. Your app has now been manually closed. Relaunch the app and try pairing again.
If you still cannot pair with your Bluetooth HRM, check out these more complete