Troubleshoot Your Bluetooth Low Energy Heart Rate Monitor (BLE HRM)
Fitdigits is compatible with Bluetooth Compatible sensors as long as your device is compatible. If you are having issues pairing or are getting inaccurate readings, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Is Your Device Compatible: View our Compatible Devices for more details.
- Have you upgraded your app: You must have upgraded your app in order to use heart rate training and tracking features.
- Wet the Electrodes: Make sure the contact strips (electrodes) on either side of the heartbeat pod / transmitter are wet with water, saliva, or gel to increase connectivity.
- Clean your HRM: It is recommended to clean your HRM strap after every use. Rinse the strap under running water after every use and hang to dry. Clean the strap gently with a mild soap and water solution when needed. Do not use moisturizing soaps, because they can leave residue on the strap. Failure to do so will resort in inaccurate readings.
- Reset Bluetooth: Try going to your Settings->Bluetooth, turn Bluetooth OFF, wait for about 30 seconds, and turn it back on.
- Trash and Re-Pair SensorIf the app cannot acquire your sensor when beginning a workout, Trash and Re-Pair the Sensor
- Manually Close Your App: Exit the app and then double tap the iPhone home button. Look for the Fitdigits app and swipe up. Your app has now been manually closed. Relaunch the app and try pairing again.
- Discharge Your SensorIf you cannot pair the sensor, try discharging the sensor
- Change Batteries: Make sure your belt’s battery level is not low. If in doubt, try changing the battery to see if it fixes the problem.
- Is Your HRM Paired With Another Device : Make sure no other Device is currently connected and communicating with your BLE heart rate monitor. If your heart rate monitor is paired with another device, you may not be able to use the HRM
- Close All Other Apps Paired With Your HRM: If there are any other apps on your device that is communicating with your BLE heart rate monitor, terminate them. The HRM may only be able to pair with one fitness app at a time.
- Power Down Your Device: If none of the above steps resolve your issue, power down your device and then turn it back on.
If you still cannot pair with your Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE) HRM, contact Fitdigits Customer Support.