Troubleshooting Your Scosche Rhythm+ or Mio Heart Rate Monitor
If you are having issues pairing or are getting inaccurate readings, try the following troubleshooting steps. These have been specifically selected for Optical Heart Rate Monitors such as the Scosche Rhythm+ and Mio lines of monitors.
- Is Your Phone BLE Compatible (most anything since the 2013 is). Please view the Compatibility Page
- Make sure it is the grey Rhythm+ and not the older (yellow or pink) Rhythm, or even older myTrek (grey) which are no longer supported by Scosche or Fitdigits. (When pairing, make sure you are using the BLE pairing option, not the older Bluetooth option).
- Make sure the HRM is turned on (the S button in the middle – the lights should be flashing) – it is good to be wearing it as well.
- Make sure you don’t have the sensor paired or even once paired in the bluetooth section of your phone. If so, this will need to be deleted/forgotten or hard close the other apps to pair directly with this app.
- Delete the sensor (if already paired in the app): in the app (Sensors – tap on the sensor – tap on delete), and re-pair the sensor.
- Reset Bluetooth: Try going to your Settings->Bluetooth, turn Bluetooth OFF, wait for about 30 seconds, and turn it back on.
- Manually Close Your App: Exit the app and then double tap the iPhone home button. All open apps will display on your screen. Swipe up on Digifit to close. Relaunch the app and try pairing again.
- Is Your HRM Paired With Another Device: Make sure no other phone or device is currently connected and communicating with your BLE heart rate monitor. If the heart rate monitor is paired with another iPhone, you will not be able to use the HRM
- Close All Other Apps Paired With Your HRM: If there are any other apps on your phone that are communicating with your BLE heart rate monitor, terminate them. The HRM will only be able to pair with one fitness app at a time.
- Power Down Your iPhone: If none of the above steps resolve your issue, power down your iPhone and then turn it back on.
- Try another Fitdigits App: we do multiple apps that all share backend and are very close in functionality. On iTunes: iCardio, iRunner and iBiker, on Google Play: iCardio, iRunner. If one isn’t working try another, maybe even a different version. The purchases, your workouts, and everything should just sync down after login when you use the same email and password you originally used to signup with in the app (see your Profile section).
If you still cannot pair with your Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE) HRM, contact Customer Support.